XenForo 2.2.8 ReleasedXenForo 2.2.8 is now available for all licensed customers to download. We strongly recommend that all customers running previous versions of XenForo 2.2 upgrade to this release to benefit from increased stability.
XenForo 2.2.8 brings initial PHP 8.1 support to XenForo. We do not currently recommend upgrading to PHP 8.1 in production but would encourage, where possible, running XF 2.2.8 and PHP 8.1 together on your staging sites/servers if possible.
Directly from your admin control panel
If you are a XenForo Cloud customer, your upgrade will be scheduled automatically.
Some of the changes in XF 2.2.8 include:
- Do not wrap iconic inputs when directly adjacent to other inline items
- Generate PhpStorm metadata for validator classes
- Optionally normalize a URL passed into getRoutePathFromUrl to exclude the script part of the URL if it is passed in.
- Fix undefined variable $option when failing to refresh an OAuth email access token.
- If the location field is required at registration, indicate so on the account details page
- Correctly mark Applebot as a robot
- Fix the type hint in AbstractDriver for the imageFromFile method
- Ensure report comments are ordered consistently
- Allow API thread filtering by prefix_id when the specific forum is unknown
- Add support for podcast episodes to the Spotify BB code media site
- Adjust the way answers are counted and represented within the JSON-LD schema for question threads
- If the forum used for reports is deleted, revert back to using the report centre
- Throw a prettier error if downloading an XF upgrade package fails
- When sending a payment receipt for user upgrades, display the price paid and not the current price of the user upgrade
- Fix an issue preventing numeric custom fields from being searched
- Remove itemprop attribute from the fnUsernameLink templater function
- Silence errors when a template doesn't exist
- Patch a regression in Froala which caused images inside clipboard data to no longer be uploaded as expected.
- Consistently nest date of birth privacy options in the admin control panel user edit page.
- Fix password strength meter background color bleed.
- coerce the lbThumbsAuto option value to a boolean to ensure it works as expected.
- Fix vertical alignment of sort order indicator inside filter bar toggles.
- Remove CSS rule that inadvertently increases the size of the text of some form row elements.
- When requesting a new attachment key and hitting a permission error, make the error more clear.
- Fix an issue with the wrong reaction sprite displaying when switching between reactions on different sprite sheets.
- Support adding data attributes to <xfptgroup> elements inside <xf:checkbox> and <xf:radio> elements.
- Remove orphaned buttons from the button manager and correctly indicate button visibility
- When using ImageMagick, correctly set its temp directory to tempDataPath
- Include 'all' filter within page navigation when batch updating threads
- Improve handling for batch updating a large number of records in one go
- Add .opus as a supported audio file extension
- Ensure advanced flag for options is both imported and exported correctly
- Restore the default tab for a node when deleting its associated navigation tab
- Disable page load scroll adjustment on browsers supporting native scroll anchoring
- Filter removed buttons from editor dropdowns
- Inhibit scroll button click event when clicking between buttons
- Avoid truncating long widget descriptions
- Make it easier to extend valid image proxy mime types
- Fix layout shift when profile posts not visible on user profiles.
- Workaround an issue that could allow certain registration moderation requirements to be bypassed.
- Prevent posts from being moved or copied to threads that a moderator cannot view
- Ensure node ID constraints are always in a numerical array when searching for posts
- Re-work session activity updates to reduce locking pressure
- When encountering an invalid cost amount error with PayPal, expand the error message with a hint to check for additional shipping and handling charges
- Display the correct image for certain emojis containing a zero width joiner
- Record image proxy file hashes, and do not overwrite files if their hashes have not changed
- When replying to a thread that has been deleted during the reply, throw a clearer error message
- When filtering for unsolved questions, encourage MySQL to use a better index
- Prevent member tabs from overlapping the avatar when member stats aren't being displayed
- Add global template data to the API templater
The following public templates have had changes:
As always, new releases of XenForo are free to download for all customers with active licenses. You may now upgrade from your admin control panel or grab the new version from the customer area.
Current requirementsPlease note that XenForo 2.2 has higher system requirements than earlier versions.
The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 7.0 or newer (PHP 8.0 recommended)
- MySQL 5.5 and newer (Also compatible with MariaDB/Percona etc.)
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.2.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.
Sửa lần cuối: